There’s always debate among dog owners about whether or not to let the dog on the bed.
According to several studies, nearly half of dog owners do sleep with their dog in bed. For the other half that don’t, what are you waiting for?
Of course, there are valid reasons not to let your dog on the bed, but also many reasons why you should.
If you are on the fence, here are 8 reasons that might help persuade you to let “fido” snuggle next to you.
1. They are like an extra soft blanket that keeps you warm.
2. They are so snuggly and cute!
3. They help you sleep. No really.
A recent study by the Mayo Clinic found that the majority of people who let their dog sleep with them said that their pet helps them relax and fall to sleep.
4. They provide a sense of security and companionship.
5. It might be in our DNA.
Psychologist Stanley Coren cites speculation among anthropologists that human-animal co-sleeping may even be encoded in our DNA, or theirs. Dogs would have kept ancient man warm and protected them from predators or hostile people.
6. You just don’t have it in your heart to move them off the bed.
7. Who doesn’t want to wake up in the morning to a wagging tail and doggie kisses?
8. Did we say they’re the cutest?