Dog Owner Warns Of Dangers of Dogs in Elevators After Frightening Incident

This video is a scary reminder to never let go of a dog’s leash, especially around elevators.

Tamara Seibert was getting on the elevator with her two dogs when something incredibly scary happened. She was taking Vado, her 110-pound Rottweiler, and her friend’s Pit Bull down from the 11th floor of her apartment to the parking garage when Vado’s leash became stuck in the doors.

Quickly after, Vado is pulled to the elevator door and frantically begins pawing it with his hind legs before being pulled up the door by his neck. Tamara immediately tries to stop the elevator by hitting the emergency button and then tries to release her dog from his collar.

She told The Toronto Sun that she thought Vado was going to die but luckily Vado’s nylon leash snapped. Siebert broke two fingers trying to free him. Thankfully, Vado was unhurt. She later wrote that the incident was one of the “most traumatic experiences” of her life.

She shared a video of the incident on Facebook to warn fellow dog owners and wrote, “Thank God my dog survived but I want to warn people how fast something so simple can go horribly wrong. I never want anyone else to ever go through this.”

Warning: this video contains disturbing content.

Disclosure: This post may include affiliate links.

Hey there!

or

Forgot password?

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Close
of

Processing files…