Lucky (aka Missy), the dog who was rescued off of Mount Bierstadt by a group of hikers, has been released from the Clear Creek County animal shelter and went home with John Steed, one of the rescuers who saved her life.
Lucky was left on the side of the mountain by her owner and rescued 8 days later when she was carried down the mountain by a group of concerned Colorado hikers who read about her plight when two hikers, Scott Washburn and his wife Amanda, found her and posted information on the 14ers.com, a forum for hikers.
At her new home, she has the company of John's two other dogs and is enjoying life with her new family.
You can catch up with Lucky's adventures and more photos on Brothers of Lucky Search and Rescue Facebook page.
- Strangers unite to rescue abandoned dog from trecherous mountain
- Hikers who rescued abandoned dog off a Colorado mountain to be interviewed
- Heroic hikers who rescued dog off Colorado mountain tell their story
- Dog abandoned on mountain to be adopted by one of her rescuers
- Man who left his dog on Colorado mountain pleads guilty to animal cruelty