A stray dog loyally stayed by the side of his companion, who was hit and killed by a car. The companion dogs were crossing a busy road in Zhangzhou, China and had been seen by locals in the area playing and living together.
The grieving male dog tried desperately to revive his companion by nudging her and carefully licking her head. He stood faithfully by her side for six hours.
A local butcher Xiao Wu told the DailyMail UK, "He stayed beside her the whole day, keeping licking her and pushing her, trying to wake her up. It's very touching," he said. "Then he pushed her with his head, and licked her face," he told the Mail. "I even saw tears."
- Faithful dog refuses to leave his owner's graveside for six years
- Broken-hearted stray dog refuses to leave the side of his fallen friend
- Loyal Pit Bull who grieved by the side of his fatally wounded friend for over 14 hours ready for adoption
- Heartbreaking scene of a dog refusing to leave companion's side
- Dogs express deep grief when loved ones are lost