Kirkland Signature dry dog food recalled due to possible Salmonella
2012-05-04 23:55:00 -0700
Where: United States
Kirkland Signature has voluntarily recalled Kirkland Signature brand of dry dog food due to possible Salmonella contamination. Kirkland Signature brand is sold at Costco stores throughout North America.
The affected products were manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods at their South Carolina facility which has prompted several other brands of dog food to be recalled including: Diamond Pet Foods Brands, Natural Balance, Canidae and Wellness. Refer to the individual alerts to determine which product batches have been affected.
The Kirkland Signature Recall is limited to product manufactured between December 9, 2012 through January 31, 2013 and distributed to the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Adult Dog Lamb, Rice & Vegetable Formula
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Adult Dog Chicken, Rice & Vegetable Formula
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Mature Dog Chicken, Rice & Egg Formula
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight Dog Formulated with Chicken & Vegetables
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Maintenance Cat Chicken & Rice Formula
- Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight Cat Formula
- Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Salmon Meal & Sweet Potato Formula for Dogs
Consumers should check the production code on their bag to determine if it has been recalled. If the code has both a "3" in the 9th position AND an "X" in the 11th position, the product is affected by the recall. The best-before dates for the recalled products are December 9, 2012 through January 31, 2013.The following graphic illustrates how to read the production code and best-before date:
The recall affects only products distributed in the following U.S. states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Puerto Rico
Pet owners who are unsure if the product they purchased is included in the recall, or who would like replacement product or a refund, may contact Diamond Pet Foods via a toll free call at 1-866-918-8756, Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST. Consumers may also go to a special website, www.diamondpetrecall.com, for more information.