An adopted dog protected 5-year-old Milo Rodriguez from a rattlesnake. Milo was heading outside with Lucy to play when they encountered a rattlesnake in the doorway. Lucy was bitten on her leg and chest. Milo's mom Jennifer believes the 9-year-old Rat Terrier Chihuahua-mix jumped in front of her son to protect him from the snake. Lucy was bitten in the leg and chest and taken to the emergency clinic in Northern Colorado and miraculously pulled through much to the relief of her family.
- Heroic Doberman Pinscher saved toddler's life by tossing her away from deadly snake
- Teen saved from rattlesnake by his heroic dog
- Retired military dog saves elderly guardian from venomous snake