If you are a not-for-profit organization (NFP) involved in caring for dogs in your community, you may be eligible to benefit from DogHeirs Doganthropy Program and DogHeirs Community Fund.
The mission of the DogHeirs Doganthropy Program is to help comfort, heal and feed dogs in need. We qualify organizations on select criteria such as:
a) You provide care to dogs
b) Your work is recognized in your community
c) You are a registered not-for-profit organization (some exceptions may be permitted)
Examples of activities we support:
- Operation of a no-kill shelter/animal rescue for dogs and other animals
- Rehabilitation and foster of dogs in need
- Training of service dogs for non-commercial purposes
- Operation of a sanctuary for dogs with special needs and elder care
- Providing assistance and volunteer efforts for handicapped or elderly people with dogs
- Performing work to understand and prevent canine genetic disease
- Other efforts that benefit the canine community or dogs helping humans in the community
Steps to Apply
1. Applicants must be active members of the DogHeirs.com community and be able to demonstrate activities performed within their organization to members of the DogHeirs community. These can include:
- Sharing photos, videos and stories of your work
- Promoting your cause through blogging about your activities, news and efforts
- Obtaining at least 5 official recommendations on your DogHeirs profile from supporters or volunteers that have been positively affected by your efforts
2. Submit a completed application form to DogHeirs
Background and More Information
DogHeirs was founded to help dogs in need and improve canine health and safety. Be sure to take advantage of some of the other features we've created to help dogs and dog guardians such as:
- Post alerts of health and safety dangers that may threaten pets in your area through the DogHeirs NeighborHound Watch. Alerts can include wildilfe warnings, disease outbreaks, food recalls, poisonings, etc.
- Report lost dogs (which include interactive search maps for the lost dogs and lost dog posters)
- List dogs available for adoption
We are interested in hearing from you. If you have any questions about Doganthropy and DogHeirs or would like to share a fundraising idea with us, please contact us.
Copyright 2013 DogHeirs. All Rights Reserved.